Despite the recent innovation in CCTV surveillance systems, having on site security guards is still essential if CCTV remote monitoring alone is not enough
to ensure the total security of assets and individuals.
At Birmingham Security, we help businesses make the right decision by offering them a complete
security risk assessment before they decide which manned guarding service they need to secure their premises.
Threat & Risk assessment
Part of our security services is to carry out an initial free threat & risk assessment to help our clients identify risks; estimate losses;
stay compliant; keep their employees & customers safe by reducing the chances of an accident occurring in their workplace; and finally develop
a security plan to protect their assets, employees and customers.
More on Threat & Risk Assessment services...
Trained, experienced & reliable security team
At Birmingham Security we care about our clients' safety and assets. We employ only mature, reliable, responsible and proactive security guards - we can trust with working
unsupervised. All our security guards are Security Industry Authority (SIA) licensed; fully vetted for a min 5 years; well presented; and trained in
first aid, customer service and conflict management.
Most of our security officers can carry out an extensive portfolio of services, whether it's gatehouse duties, reception services , lock and lock duties,
CCTV monitoring or crowd control. For each site, we carry out training based on site's specific requirements.
At Birmingham Security, our security officers always take a professional and proactive approach in their duties -
they are not just a physical, visual deterrent. They can quickly respond to any conflict situation and not respond to anger with anger.
By using a defusing demeanor and maintaining open body language, they can de-escalate conflicts much more quickly and effectively.
Dedicated site contact number & custom deterrent signs
For sites that need round-the-clock manned security guarding, we offer a dedicated mobile phone number that can be used by contractors, staff and visitors
to get access to the site during non-working hours and weekends. We also print custom deterrent signs displaying the site contact number.
At Birmingham Security, we fully monitor our guards' location and activities to make sure site patrol routines are done on time.
This is a free service included in all our manned guarding services. Tracking our guards not only increases
their accountability - it is also useful for their health, safety and wellbeing.
Key skills & qualities of a security guard
- Having a good command of English language and excellent ability to communicate - written and verbal - with colleagues, customers & staff.
To make announcements to visitors or describe events or individuals to police officers or write clear statements, security guards need effective and
clear communication skills. Good communication skills also involve listening to colleagues or guests - including angry guests.
- Being alert, proactive and focused with attention to details when providing accurate reports and incident description.
- Being physically fit with a good endurance and strength helps security guards handle physical challenges.
To be a good security guard, you must keep fit.
- Being good at customer service and how to interact with customers. Security guards need to be useful when
they are asked to direct customers or explain security procedures to guests or colleagues.
- Have good critical thinking skills, acting with fairness and being able to examine a situation or a conflict objectively using
reasoning instead of emotion, prejudices, hatreds, friendships, family ties or personal feelings.
Having good critical thinking also helps security guards being more decisive and make decisions quickly when reacting to an incident or a security threat.
- Being comfortable with working within a team and the ability to collaborate with colleagues - whether leading or following.
Security guards need good teamwork skills when working in remote monitoring or responding to an incident.
- Being good at problem solving, and the ability to determine what caused an incident, and find the effective solution, such as in
the case of locating a missing person or addressing a situation of mistaken identify.
- Being familiar with CCTV surveillance systems and having decent IT skills. Many security companies and businesses - including Birmingham Security -
are already 100% paperless.
- Being organized and able to locate reports & documents quickly.
- Being confident, calm, have a sense of humour, reassuring and resilient in dealing with conflicts. To de-escalate conflicts quickly and effectively,
the best security guards approach and listen rather than confront.
- Ability to work alone and unsupervised.
- Being trustworthy and acting with honesty and integrity. The last thing you need is having your security guards stealing from your clients!
Security guards should be honest with their employers and members of the public.
- Having a sense of pride in their own presentation. Security guards should wear their uniform and display they SIA badge with pride.
A smart and clean uniform distinguishes them from staff and visitors.
When you choose Birmingham Security as your manned guarding services, you can have the peace of mind
that our trained and experienced security team will respond immediately to any threat to your premises, staff and the public.
Not only do we provide reliable services, we advise our clients with honesty, integrity and genuine passion for what we do.