Homes with no security measures in place are five times more likely to be an easy target to burglars
- Make sure you lock doors and windows every time you leave the house - even if you are not that far.
- Hide all keys - including car keys out of sight, away from the letter box.
- Leave the radio or lights on a timer to make the property appear occupied.
- Keep ladders and tools away stored away. Thieves use them to break in your home
- Remove and clear any visible valuable from view of ground floor windows.